This Week in People & Culture News: 11 Stories You Need to See
NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2023
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy culture press releases from PR Newswire, including campaigns to boost women's body confidence and support Black and Latinx small businesses.
NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering different cultural groups stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- The BodCon Launches a Groundbreaking Confidence Course To Reverse the Fact that 91% of Women are Unhappy with their Bodies
Addressing topics such as Negative Self-Talk, Mastering Interpersonal Relationships, and Navigating Life's Body Changes, this multifaceted virtual video-based series is designed to bolster body confidence in all areas of life, for a transformative journey towards self-acceptance, self-love, and one's true potential.
- Kevin Hart's Gran Coramino® Tequila Will Support 50 Black and Latinx Small Business Owners Across the U.S. with $10,000 Grants
Kevin Hart, co-founder of Gran Coramino Tequila, noted, "The Coramino Fund is not just about grants – it's about building a legacy of economic empowerment and generational success … With this new round of support, we're continuing to help break the barriers that have held talented entrepreneurs back from achieving their dreams."
- Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau and Sony Music Latin Join Forces to Unveil "Find Your Voice Miami Beach" Digital Experiential Campaign
The "Find Your Voice Miami Beach" episodes are based off Sony Music Latin's award-winning "En Letra de Otro," an original content series featuring performances and interviews where artists share their story through the songs that shaped their lives.
- LATV Launches New Series 'Royal T', Celebrating the Worldwide Trans and Non-Binary Community
Hosted by Queen Victoria Ortega, the series is an inspiring, fun, and fierce half-hour talk show honoring excellence in the trans and non-binary community. "Royal T" is the latest big title series from LATV's LGBTQ+ content under the umbrella of the network's "LATV Queer" programming.
- Special Olympics athletes surprised with billboard reveal in New York City
Joshua Olds from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and Madi "Maddog" Madory from Oklahoma City, Okla. are debuting limited-edition sweatshirts that declare, "Yeah, I am Special," on shoppable billboards in New York City, reclaiming and redefining what it truly means to be special.
- St. Baldrick's Foundation Joins Millions Across the Globe in Celebration of Giving Tuesday and Announces a One-Day Goal of $50,000
The St. Baldrick's Foundation, the largest charity funder of childhood cancer research grants, set a one-day goal of raising $50,000 to Conquer Kids' Cancer.
- Gallaudet University Launches $23 Million "Necessity of Now," Advances Student Scholarships, Programs and Research at the World's First Center for Black Deaf Studies
NOW's primary objectives are to share and honor the many untold stories and contributions within the Black Deaf community and ensure a future path of greater equity and inclusion for Black Deaf children and students.
- Wed Society® Celebrates 18 Years of Female Entrepreneurship with $18,000 Franchise Incentive Program
"As female co-founders and leaders, we are immensely proud of Wed Society® growing to become the most influential and trusted resource in the markets we serve. We celebrate by inviting other hopeful entrepreneurs to join us in shaping the future of the wedding industry," said Kami Huddleston, co-founder of Wed Society®.
- LA Plaza Focuses on L.A.'s Shared Racial History Through Food, a Discussion on Latinos in Hollywood, and an Eclectic Family Day Filled with Music, Art and More
These events, organized under the Our Shared Future: Reckoning with Our Racial Past initiative, aim to illuminate the shared racial history between the Japanese, Chinese, and Latino communities in Los Angeles.
- Severe Weather Disproportionately Impacts Oklahoma's Native Communities, Study Shows
"Indigenous communities are grappling with an imminent climate crisis compounded by systemic injustices. Recognizing their unique connections to their homelands as sovereign peoples is crucial in addressing these pressing issues," said Yang Hong with the University of Oklahoma.
- MBAStack Releases Its Ranking of the Best HBCU MBA Programs for 2023-2024
"Historically Black Colleges and Universities play a crucial role in empowering and educating students, particularly in the field of business. HBCU business schools are not just centers of learning; they are beacons of leadership and innovation," said Tammie Cagle, the owner and editor-in-chief of MBAStack.
Read more of the latest culture-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the industry's leading press release distribution partner with an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages. From our award-winning Content Services offerings, integrated media newsroom and microsite products, Investor Relations suite of services, paid placement and social sharing tools, PR Newswire has a comprehensive catalog of solutions to solve the modern-day challenges PR and communications teams face. For 70 years, PR Newswire has been the preferred destination for brands to share their most important news stories across the world.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-people--culture-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-302002664.html
SOURCE PR Newswire